Sunday, June 15, 2008

Part1- The Saga of Entry to College Life



College stands for collection of legends….College is a place which can be held responsible for over all development of a school pass out. College, when combined with hostel, has been proved to be an edge over its counterpart.

As every non-medical student aspires to be IITian some day, I was no exception. With displeasing performance in my first attempt, I kept my fingers crossed and went for a year drop to make it to my lofty goal. After days and nights of mind-boggling preparation, and after turning each and every stone possible for success, and after repeating each and every existing mantra for hundred thousand times, I was finally ready to face the challenge for second time. I was easily through the screening test to face the Mains with exuberant attitude. Successful completion of first step to my dreamland led to brisk behaviour. On the judgement day (IIT-Mains), I could hear or feel the blessings of God, parents, mentors, friends, which lifted or boosted my confidence providing immense moral support and inoculated me against the negative side of it. On that day, I maintained my calm and magnanimity to put in my level best performance. Finally, all the three exams went off well but I could not attempt much in mathematics which was thought to be the toughest of the three. And to add to this predicament, I made mammoth number of inadvertent mistakes in physics paper which panned down and aggravated my dream of getting appreciable rank in IIT. Anyways, all these are the part and parcel of one’s life so I didn’t get into delirium in spite I set out my target to crack AIEEE. As I primarily prepared for IIT so I didn’t have much expertise in objective type questions which is a must for AIEEE. Without wasting much of my time, I grabbed Arihant 10 AIEEE mock test papers and frisked through all the papers instead of separate book for each subject. Working out hard with these 10 crazy buddies, I could manage to hold the top spot in AIEEE with AIR-463 or 99.999 %tile. As far as IIT result was concerned, AIR-3572 was all, my unintentional mistakes took me to.

With IIT counseling on its roll, as expected no major stream left unfilled till my chance. So, I had to turn my way to AIEEE. Excellent performance in AIEEE bolstered my spirits and I got hold of NITK-Surathkal with ECE on my side. Everybody is aware of the adage that IITs are among the best in the world but being a NITKian, I couldn’t say my life was in tatters as NITK is also a institute of National Importance. My expedition from beginning to end is an indelible experience which will always be a part of my soul and mind. Welcome to alma mater--NITK !!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice one..finally you join the gang too..
it seems to be the story of almost every guy in NIT-k.Good that you penned your thoughts..:)

Unknown said...

righty said........college is the collection of legends.........a here grows a new legend....mr.saman garg.......u ve done an incredible work.......an expresion tat can touch every student.......gud wrk.keep it up.....god bless u.

Siddharth said...

Well said....It almost brought back memories of my days... The 2546 kms journey, UP party and what not....
Truly unforgettable..